Hello. New Here

Trailguide Pictures

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Just signing in.

I've decided to check out the world of canoe forums and this looks like a good place to start.

My name's Jason Eke and I live on a gravel road in the middle of nowhere, south of Owen Sound Ontario.

I've been building cedar-strip canoes for over a decade and paddling them for a heck of a lot longer. I also have a small film company (trailguide pictures) which has its focus on canoe building, canoe tripping and canoe culture. My Youtube channel which is also focussed on the canoe receives close to 30,000 views per month.

I definitely don't think I'm an expert, but I'm not a beginner either. I've canoed and kayaked around the waters in Ontario, British Columbia and overseas in Australia (where I lived for six years). I guess I'd consider myself an independent canoe builder, wilderness tripper and landscape film maker.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and experiences with you.

Welcome, Jason! You've found a great group of people here. I'll check out your YouTube videos-- have made a few myself, hoping to inspire others regarding this passion.

Pictures! We love pictures--- do you have a favorite canoe?

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Favorite canoe? Yes, although I'm bias because its a design I build. The Prospector is the canoe for me. I like a good load carrying boat and a symmetrical hull there are a lot that can fit this description out there but for me, the Prospector fits the bill perfectly.

I think you'll find many here who agree!

Our Annual Assembly in 2018 will feature the Chestnut canoe and Bill Mason.

Your videos are beautiful--- poetry, in fact. Feel free to share links here in Forums and/or post on the Fans of the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association facebook page.

Back