Grand Lake Stream Area, Maine

Fitz

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In Memoriam
The Norumbegas took a spring wilderness trip last week. A Trip Report is in the works. Robin also has a Trip Report over at Canoetripping.net http://www.canoetripping.net/forums/

I thought I would share a few photos. We were wind bound the second day out which was not unexpected, but it resulted in a change of plans and a much more leisurely trip.

On the way out of the woods, we stopped to see Dale Tobey in his shop in Grand Lake Stream. Dale is also a Maine Guide and was a great help in the trip planning and builds wonderful Grand Laker Canoes (photo by Robin Laurer). Prospector in high seas photo is also by Robin Laurer.

Attachments

• Chestnuts.jpg
    Chestnuts.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 581
  • BrendanSadieEdit.jpg
    BrendanSadieEdit.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 539
  • Departure.jpg
    Departure.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 589
  • TiredTrippers.jpg
    TiredTrippers.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 525
  • JohnBrendanHeavySeas.jpg
    JohnBrendanHeavySeas.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 534
  • DaleTobey'sShop.jpg
    DaleTobey'sShop.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 575
Fitz You mite have had a windy day but I would take it over the rain i've been guiding in for the last 5 days strait. It was great meeting all of you. I am looking forward to the Assembly . Glad you had a good time and anytime you or anyone needs assistance around Washington co. give me a call.

Can't wait to get up to that area again in just over 2 weeks! Maybe run into you around Dale. Certainly at assembly if you're going (which it sounds like!)

Great Trip!

It was a great trip in spite of the wind. It was the first time for me to travel with all wood canoes, and to have 4 of them be Chestnuts really put the icing on the cake....
Speaking of cake, Fitz and Dave's cakes from the reflector oven where a welcome addition with so much campsite time...
John Fitzgerald, Son Branden with "Sadie Dog" (great trippers all) in front of Fitz's Beautful 17' Chestnut Prospector

DSC01239_zps80e6c64d.jpg

Steve Lapey in his 15' Chestnut Chum
DSC01240_zpsdad46702.jpg

Aforementioned Cake, ummmmm!!!!

DSC01220_zpsaaa57840.jpg

Dale (Grandlaker) in green Checked jacket explaining a repair to a Grandlaker,

DSC01311_zpsdb9e10ec.jpg

Robin in Fitz's Prospector,

DSC01278_zps6216a1ba.jpg

Can't wait to get up to that area again in just over 2 weeks! Maybe run into you around Dale. Certainly at assembly if you're going (which it sounds like!)

Kevin
Stop in when your here, I have a Sprague built Grand Laker in real good condition needing a restoration. Would make you a great canoe.

I'll try and stop by. We'll be up to Pappys. Tempting me with a Grand Laker huh? ;) Just for curiosity sake what were you looking for it? May make me plan a little different if it is doable.

Back