Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

folding lee board score.

Discussion in 'Canoe Sailing' started by Andre Cloutier, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Andre Cloutier

Andre Cloutier Firestarter. Wicked Firestarter.

Yes, good things do happen to bad people sometimes.
    Walter Dean folding leeboards, down to the 3 decals. No sign of the canoe though. Photos show stains, but theres no rot (digital cameras do some funny things sometimes). Narrower and lighter than my other ones, butternut vs maple, but same hardware.
    Joy.:D

Attached Files:

2. Pernicious Atavist

Pernicious Atavist Canoe Sailing Publisher

Andre--they fold outwards? Can I ask for another pic? I'm not familiar with that and why they would, if they in fact, do.

3. OP
    OP
    Andre Cloutier

Hey Ed,
    I'll shoot them later,
    they fold in on themselves. Each board is attached to the main board with one half as long, and when mounted if they run shallow they will kick up. To store them, the main board and each half board are side by side and the paddles fold in on top. Check back later, I'll post a pic. Built in the 'teens and earlier.

4. Pernicious Atavist

This I gotta see! Looking forward to the pics. Thanks, Andre!

5. OP
    OP
    Andre Cloutier

pics

Here ya go P.A., but dont ask for the hardware its not been seen for a number of decades....:confused:
    The Dean board are the same as these Peterborough for the most part, however not being maple they are much lighter. Great finger pinchers. When installed facing the right way they kick up when running shallow.

Attached Files:

6. Pernicious Atavist

Well, would you look at that...ain't that just the darndest thing....thanks, Andre!:D