Chicago Boat, Rv & Sailboat Show

Paul Miller

Canoe Nut
Hi All,

I will be at the Chicago Boat & Rv show at McCormick Place in Chicago from January 14th through the 18th.

They have added the Sail Chicago Boat Show that had been at Navy Pier in February so this will be a Big Show.

The booth will be operated by the BlackHawk Chapter of the ACBS showing classic wood boats and some of my canoes so stop by if anyone goes to the show.

I'll post some pictures when we get set up.

Here is a link to the show website: http://www.chicagoboatshow.com

Happy New Year,

Paul

Hi All,

Attached is a picture of my two canoes at set up on Monday. Show starts today through Sunday.

The finished canoe is a Wm English Model 20 wide board and the one behind is an unrestored Canadian Canoe Co. canoe with a sail rig. I will be at the show on Thursday, Sat. & Sun if anyone's going stop by and say HI.

Paul

Attachments

• English & CCC.jpg
    English & CCC.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 480
New comment for the list,

I've attached another picture of the two canoes with the boats in the background.

Thousands went through the booth yesterday and I did get a few interesting comments.

People who walk by them pet the Wm English and knock on the deck of the Canadian. One gal looking at the Canadian Co canoe knocked on the deck and asked "is this wood?"

We have story boards for each boat in the display but most don't read them. I don't think they were making canoe of anything but wood 100 years ago.

I did have some great conversations about canoes and canoeing.

Everyone should try and be part of a show in their area, it can be great fun.

Thanks for looking,

Paul

Attachments

• English & Canadian Canoe at BS.jpg
    English & Canadian Canoe at BS.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 442
I love seeing wood canoes displayed at events that feature boats made of different materials, hoping it opens some minds to them. Yours are wonderful, Paul.

I have some friends who guide people through historic sites and the comments made by visitors can be very amusing. Similar stuff happens re historic canoes!

Kathy

Back