chestnut canoe 14' serial #

simplyk8

Hello,
I'm looking for any information regarding a 14' chestnut canoe serial number 142 1112. I am trying to find the canoe (or information on model, style, etc) which was sold in 1994. Thanks for any help!

There are no known serial records available from the Chestnut Canoe Company and they closed in 1978 so you may have a canoe from another builder if it was purchased new in 1994. Others who are more familiar with Canadian canoes may be able to offer more helpful information.

Benson

Hi Benson,

Sorry, to clarify, (I am going off of old receipts for restoration and for sale for my info).. The canoe was owned by my uncle (he acquired it via a cottage purchase in 1987, and it was not a new canoe at the time), he had it restored in 1988, and then he sold it in 1994 to Langford Canoes in Ontario. From the restoration receipt in 1988, the canoe is noted as a 14' chestnut, and that is the serial number for it that was recorded on the receipt. Thanks for your help.

I believe Chestnut serial numbers were either 4 or 5 digits. Never seen one like yours on a Chestnut. Pictures and dimentions of your canoe would help to identify it.

Hi Dave,
unfortunately I've got no photos to go by, just my memories of the canoe, and I was 8 or 9 when we had it. The serial number was just recorded on an old repair receipt. Prior to finding the receipt , i thought it was maybe a Canadian canoe company canoe, because I thought the logo seeme similar to what I can remember. Do you know if that company had serial numbers recorded?

Thanks Kat.. I think that makes sense along with my vague memories of the logo. I'll investigate in that direction, then. I appreciate the help!

Back