Canoecopia.....Revisited

Dave Osborn

LIFE MEMBER
WoW! We had a great time at Canoecopia. I don't know what the total gate was, but it had to be a record.
There was a lot of action going on in our area. I brought a recently restored 1915 OT Ideal, Mark Morrall had his newly built Arkansas Traveler (Rushton) and Jeff Trapp had 17' Wood/Canvas that he built on his form. Also we had Brian Downey's 15/16 scale Peterbourogh form being stripped for a 15' solo stripper. Many questions were asked and answered.
I was surprised to hear that many folks use our web site, and how many missed us when we had the tragic server crash. We gave away ALL of our membership forms and WCHA business cards.
Unfortunately we were unable to play the new WCHA promotional tape for the attendees. As a NFP, non-paying exhibitor we are relegated to a non-electrical booth. I have seen the tape however, and must give a "hats off" to Mike Cavanaugh, and company for a fine job in portraying our organization.
I'm going to see what we can do about power for next year.

It was also great fun to be positioned near North House Folk School and our own Jeanne Bourquin and Ric Puls.......great people!!
Thanks to the members that helped out in the booth as well as the members that stopped by for a "how do ya do".
Paddle On!!

Back