canoe covers

David Satter

Wooden Canoe Maniac
Anybody know of a company? I used to make them I'm so busy now just don't have the time. I'm not looking for a total enclosure. Just a fitted cover to go over an upside down canoe , say on saw horses. So the bottom would be open for air flow. Dave

I'm a big fan of Danuu Covers. They're a one size fits a range of canoes type of cover. But I've logged a lot of miles (Colorado to Maine and back) with these covers. I've had no issues. They still look brand new. I think the material they use is the Weather Max 3D.

David,
I have a couple of Danuu Canoe covers. I ended up there when I was unable to contact Sue for a custom cover...

https://danuu.com/canoe-covers/

Not exactly cheap but exactly as you describe: covers hull but open to air movement, water snow and UV protection when stored and highway traffic protection when travelling long distances.
Transported my Chestnut Pal across country no problem and I keep my 16' Prospector outside racked in one over the winter.

Welcome to Ontario.JPG

Bruce

@Pook I've come up with a method to tighten these up. I use the little paracord hook kits that you can get at the hardware store to pull the sides tight against the gunnels. and I tie off the drawstring around the rear seat or carry thwart. This reduces flapping quite a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0838.jpg
    IMG_0838.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 241
As soon as I posted that picture I realized it might give the OP the wrong impression. That photo was taken shortly after a quick paddle in Whiteshell Provincial Park. The cover was on a lot "snugger" than that before and after this picture...Very little flapping across the Prairies.

Monik- thanks for the tip. I actually used some short lengths of cord between the various adjusting straps( I hadn't tied them on when the picture was taken.)
Your solution is a lot more simple. I'll adapt that going forward.

Bruce

Back