Call for Old Towns at 2018 Assembly

canoeguybc

Kettle River Canoes
If you are bringing an Old Town canoe (or six) to the 2018 WCHA Assembly at Trent University this July, please contact me via email (artisan@canoeshop.ca). I am writing This Fancy Old Canoe: A Collector’s Guide To Restoring Antique Canoes. It is a companion to my first book (This Old Canoe: How To Restore Your Wood-Canvas Canoe) and will focus on Old Town Canoes.

Chapter 12 of this book will describe various models of Old Town Canoes. I want to photograph them on the water at first light (or at dusk). I am hoping to get pictures of an OTCA, a Yankee, an HW, a Guide, a Charles River and a 50-pound model. If you would like to see your canoe in my next book, please contact me to arrange the photo shoot.

My wife and I are going to try to make it out with our 1922 Charles River 17. We are also going to be picking up a project 1922 OTCA 17 too. It doesn't float though. :) If we are able to come out you're more than welcome to use our Charles River.

BTW– I'm using the heck out of your book, "This Old Canoe". Very well done!

Thanks, BTW, What is your name? I look forward to meeting both you and your wife at the assembly.
Cheers, Mike

Mike, My name is Aaron. As we get closer to July we'll have a better idea if we'll have time to go to the Assembly. We'll be driving to Maine from Denver in just over a week. We may be a bit optimistic in thinking that we can run up to Canada and try for Old Forge too.

Back