Assembly 2022 - Planning is under way

Michael Grace

Lifetime Member
Hello everyone,

As we approach the end of 2021 we're seeing lots of worry about the rapidly spreading omicron variant of the Covid-19 virus, and no one knows where things will be by summer, 2022. Even so, Rob Stevens and the Assembly planning team are hard at work planning for an in-person Assembly at Paul Smiths College, July 12-17. Fall semester classes were in session and Spring classes are planned as normal at Paul Smiths, with reasonable Covid precautions. We're hopeful that the summer will be open for our Assembly, and so planning is proceeding with enthusiasm.

If you have attended a WCHA Assembly, you know how fun and informative it is. If you haven't attended before, let's hope you can make this your first time and experience all the great opportunities it offers. It is a fantastic experience! For me and many others Assembly is a true highlight of the year. So begin planning now and let's all stay hopeful for an exciting in-person gathering in the gorgeous Adirondacks this summer. You can learn more about our beautiful venue and its Covid precautions here:

https://www.paulsmiths.edu/

WCHA Assembly 2022 will feature solo canoes and will celebrate the legacy of co-founder Tom MacKenzie. While we will feature solo canoes, there are expected to be hundreds of wooden canoes and related wooden boats in all sizes, from a wide variety of builders, and from well over a century old to ones newly built. With great paddling all around the Assembly site, fun and informative sessions on destinations, construction and restoration, paddling skills, and so much more, this is an ideal place to learn and have fun. Plus there are fun kids activities, a raffle and auction, the WCHA store, and great area attractions - something for everyone. The only problem is finding enough time to squeeze in everything you'll want to do.

So begin planning early, and think positive for Assembly 2022!

Keep an eye on these forums, the Wooden Canoe journal, our social media platforms, and your email for updates as we move through the winter and spring.

Is there an updated poster for Assembly 2022?

I've been asked to repeat the WCHA presentation at Canoecopia this year, and need t update last year's info...

Thanks in advance!

Here you go, Paul.
WCHA_Poster_2022.jpg

Thanks, Michael.
Anyone who wants to help promote the event is welcome to distribute the poster to paddling contacts via social media, community bulletin boards, etc.

I'm sorry to report that I will not be able to put this presentation together before the deadline for submission, which was yesterday. Aging Parent issues came into play unexpectedly, and I'm just too far from finished. My apologies, but family does come first...

Not sure how this all happened, but the Intro to WCHA presentation did get updated, and will be shown at Canoecopia this year. The presentation will be strictly virtual. Canoecopia.com

Back