Ash pack basket NOT!

Guide Special Green???

I got a kick out of the two "distinctive colors" :eek: .

I think you guys

are just jealous that you didn't think up the idea. Don't worry, it will never catch on - just like poly canoes, the automobile, vinyl siding, computers etc. etc. Cut the guy some slack and congratulate his entrepreneurial venture. Just because it's not made of wood doesn't mean it has no place in the 21st century.

Jim C.

Dishwasher safe?

Maybe not but my new royalex wanigan will be. Aluminum or vinyl gunwales standard, or upgrade to wood.
hehe

Yesterday, I was told a First Nations chief built a canoe in the style of wood/canvas but substituted "aircraft skin aluminum" in place of the canvas. He was encouraged to patent the idea. Not sure why.
Dan; apparently he built a couple of these, north of Kingston ie. close to you. Have you heard of this? Does the ABM have one, by chance? Another quirky thing to put on the already long list, eh?

Rob Stevens said:
Yesterday, I was told a First Nations chief built a canoe in the style of wood/canvas but substituted "aircraft skin aluminum" in place of the canvas. He was encouraged to patent the idea. Not sure why.
Dan; apparently he built a couple of these, north of Kingston ie. close to you. Have you heard of this? Does the ABM have one, by chance? Another quirky thing to put on the already long list, eh?

That's a new one on me. All kinds of boat technology came out of the aircraft industry, including the canvas dopes Penn Yan used (one step uses aluminum powder) and the Linkanoe...

pack basket

Actually the Lorings are quite inovative i bought one of these many years back as i use it as my general purpose everyday basket for(fiddleheading,mushrooming and ice fishing) it looks good as new. an ash one would have passed on by now. i also make ash packbaskets from an old form that has been in the family for years but i like the carbonfibre one for everday use as its lighter and more durable. When im at a show or want to look native ill dig out the old ash packbasket and parade around with that and my handmade stuff net,flyrod and creel after splashing on a dab of old woodsman after shave.

Back