Anyone need strips in/near Michigan?

Dave Wermuth

Who hid my paddle?
I have some extra strips I mentioned in another post but will put it here too. I have some redwood 1/4' x 5/8' and some red cedar 1/4 x 3/4" . There are about ten 18' pieces of the cedar. if I recall correctly, well over 200 linear feet. it is bead/cove. If anyone wants it and is wiling to drive for it, it can be yours for free.

Yeah, Dave...
I'm interested in the cedar to build my Ama... Can you wait till spring when I have my rack put back on the PU so I can put a ladder on the rack and then put the strip bundle on the ladder?
Joe

Hi Dave,
I hope you don't mind me poking in with something unrelated but I think you might br able to help me.

shell of cedar strip

Hi again,

I have a 19 ft shell of a cedar strip canoe. It was taken off the form and stoered for a few years and I picked it up thinking I might finish it. Instead I have been doing up a bob's special. Anyway I'm wondering if it's worth anything amd if yes how much?
The shape has stayed pretty well except the sides have rolled in. I put a couple spreaders in and it looks pretty good.
If I could figure out how to attach some pictures I would do so.:(

thanks,

Art

WEll, I am not conversant in stripper construction. I finished one stripper, a Redbird. It had been stripped and the outside 'glassed but the inside not sanded or 'glassed.. I paid, as I recall $300 for the hull and finished it. I did not do a very good job, but it floated. I think there could be all sorts of problems with a canoe shell that has set for a time. But maybe a real stripper builder will post better info.

Oddly enough, I am looking at a "Thompson" Shell in Traverse City that appears to be a stripper. I need to ask the seller more info about it because I am not sure what it is but it seems like a similar project to what you are considering. It is $100. I am not interested in doing another stripper so if anyone wants I can give further info.

The TC project I am looking at seems priced fairly enough.

Attachments

• 3rb.jpg
    3rb.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 470
  • 1rb.jpg
    1rb.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 454
Back