Anyone got time for quilting these days?

Rob Stevens

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
WCHA Quilter’s Quilt 2020

Sad to say but this year’s Assembly has been cancelled. The Assembly quilt for 2020 will now be our 2021quilt. We did not have a Quilter’s Quilt planned. So many of us were not willing to take on the project because of time commitments. The Corona virus has changed that for so many of us! Time is something we have more now than ever!

I was thinking about how women have marked history though quilts. They started as necessary but evolved. They marked the Civil War, suffragettes used them to promote their cause, the Great Depression and so on. I thought it was sad not to have a quilt that marks this major pause in our lives. The Corona virus has created so many emotions in all of us. So why not make it a quilt?

I am willing to coordinate this project. My thoughts are to make a 12 1/2” block. It will finish to a 12” block. The background fabric will be cream and red being the focus. Since the Corona virus has orange and yellow a small amount of those colors can also be used. The block can be pieced, embroidered, appliquéd or a combination.

Make a block that you always wanted to do or one that expresses your feelings during quarantine. It is yours to create! You may make more than one but each block will cost $7.50 to cover backing, batting and quilting. Each block will get you one entry in the drawing.

Please email me if you plan on participating so I can remind you if needed. The blocks will need to be returned to me by January 10, 2021.

Fran Sienkiewicz

266 Colorado Dr. Webster, NY 14580

Tel; 585-330-4178

frans21@icloud.com

Back