2007 WCHA Annual Assembly

Dan Miller

cranky canoeist
Staff member
Just got word, the 2007 Annual Assembly is going to be held at Keuka College, Keuka, NY. The dates are July 11-15, 2007.

2007 Assembly

What is a ball park cost for two adults to attend the assembly? It's a long way from Colorado but we may try to get there>

Bill,
Assembly is +/-$30 for registration +/-$30-40/day for a room (dorm style) and +/- 20/day for meals.

Don't hold me to those prices - this is from memory, it's 2:00am here in NY and I'm getting OLD!

Assembly is a great time, fun people and lots of canoes! Hope you can make it

At last years prices, arriving Wednesday afternoon and departing Sunday morning, staying in the cheaper dorm, and eating every meal in the cafeteria, the cost would have been $259. The more expensive dorm was $10/night more, and there is also camping available on campus for $5/night.

I like to camp and the New York park system is very good with nice facilities. The state camp is just 1 mile from the assembly and the rates run from $13.00 to $23.00 depending if you need hook ups or not. There were many campers with the familiar wood/canvas boat on the roof of the car, truck or camper. Just walk around in the evening and stop by to discuss/admire
this fine old craft. If not a camper, go for the dorms which are still a bargain and the whole event will be remembered for a long time.

To check the camp site, see: http://reserveamerica.com

Ric Altfather

Auction Items

Can you please give the mailing address of the person accepting the Auction Items for the Annual Assembly? Thanks, Splinter

Can you please give the mailing address of the person accepting the Auction Items for the Annual Assembly?

Bill Conrad is head of the Raffle and Auction committee. His contact information is on the inside front cover of Wooden Canoe. Check with him to see where items should be sent.

Better yet, just bring it with you when you come... :D

Cheers,
Dan

Back