2007 Assembly Photos

Fitz

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In Memoriam
I got back a little early. Here are a few photos for the forumites who missed a great time. Maybe other folks can share some photos here too:

Charles River Beauties:

e893f761.jpg

Charles River Boats on the Green:

e893f75b.jpg

Probable Robertson:

e893f754.jpg

Robertson Underway:

e893f74b.jpg

Robertson and Brodbeck:

e893f746.jpg

The Grandson of Crandell providing great first hand stories of canoe maintenance and building at the Robertson/Crandell Boathouse in Worcester. He is discussing a Crandell Canoe. David Kingsbury son of builder Kingsbury also provided great insight.

e893f740.jpg

A restored Kingsbury:

e893f73a.jpg

It was great putting forum names to faces too.

Cheers,
Fitz

Sharing Pictures...

Here are a few more...

Attachments

• assembled.JPG
    assembled.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 724
  • assembly 07 lineup2.JPG
    assembly 07 lineup2.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 774
  • assembly 07 lineup.JPG
    assembly 07 lineup.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 685
  • boats on the green.JPG
    boats on the green.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 683
  • canoe group.JPG
    canoe group.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 713
  • courting w canopy.JPG
    courting w canopy.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 709
That Bag Lady...

Here are a couple shots of Sue Audette's little buddy in the Wee Wee Lassie.

The little lady in the canoe is the product of one of the classes offered at Assembly this year. I made a basket, which turned out... well, it held some little bags of chips left over from lunch just fine.

Denis and I went on the wine-n-cheese boat cruise, which was very pleasant.

Missed the bird walk and therefore didn't see the family of indigo buntings (parents with fledglings) which that group spied.

Perfect weather... and no bugs.

The best part: THE PEOPLE

Next best part: THE BOATS, and all that I learned and all that I discovered I need to learn...

Rained every day at home, I am told... so the garden didn't suffer while we were away!

Attachments

• s bag lady.JPG
    s bag lady.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 664
  • s bag lady3 (2).JPG
    s bag lady3 (2).JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 655
Would just like to say that it was such a pleasure to meet so many folks that we've communicated with on line. Would also like to express my appreciation to those whose very hard work make this event possible. Seeing the great variety of canoes and the end result of work put into them and speaking to those that did the work was for me very rewarding. All in all it was a grand and fascinating time,that was also a learning experience. I just plain had a wonerful time! THANKS-Denis :D

Back