#102775-16

BRWWKG

Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes
Please send a copy of the build record for OT #102775-16. Looks like it could be a 16' Otca from the 20's.
Thanks
Bruce Reynolds

Hello, Bruce,

Old Town 102775 is a 17 foot HW model with sponsons, so you may want to check the number again, at both ends, and compare. Even if the sponsons have been removed from a canoe, OT put carry thwarts on their sponson canoes, and those thwarts can give it away--- plus the difference in deck style between the HW (which has the standard OT short deck) and the Otca (which has a longer deck with coaming). You probably know these differences, but it helps others who are new to old canoes to point this out.

I can poke through the records and see what I find that might fit what you have...

Kathy

Thanks for looking. At the time we didn't have any question we were seeing the the number correctly. Unlike some times. Perhaps one of the sevens is someting else. The canoe is definatly a 16' Otca with the 20" decks and coaming, keel. Probably a CS grade, no sponsons. I don't have access to the canoe for a while now so can't recheck the number right now.
Thanks
B R

Back