1/8 model

Model

I have had the Peterboro kit for some time and built the form for it, but haven't had a chance to start the stripping. It is similar to building a real stripper (glue strips together on a form).

Hey fitz,ya i've built the peterborough and the indian girl from midwest boat kits,This ones a little bigger though,but seems like a good price

Thats funny, Midwest Products called me a number of years ago asking me how I build my models. Don't think they could come up with the capital to replicate a real wood canvas replica, that would be hard to do, and keep it cheap. I've been trying to think of ways to do this. Guys, I think most of you canoe restorers could make a model pretty simply. I was hired by a customer to build those Midwest models for them. No offense meant here, but I found it difficult to obtain a quality job with these kits, especially the Peterborough model since you can see all the jointery. I'm actually thinking about doing a demo and talk at the assembly to get folks building these things. The form is the hardest part, and all you really need are the stations. ;)

Thanks chris,both my midwest kits I found it hard to keep the strips flush(I think tey are too thick)but some sanding on the outside gives a nice finish,the indian girl isn't actual wood/canvas it's stripped and painted(still looks good)I'm thinking of trying one with the strongback and some thin plywood they sell at the hobby shop and then somesort of cloth covering

Back