Assembly 2023 returning to Paul Smiths, NY

Michael Grace

Lifetime Member
We are pleased to announced that the WCHA will be returning to Paul Smith's College for Assembly 2023! After some concern about where we would be next year, we are now assured that Paul Smith's will remain our home for the coming year. So start planning now. The return to in-person Assembly this past July as highly successful and great fun, and we look forward to even greater fun next year.

Please note that we are always excited to learn about other Assembly venue possibilities including in other geographic regions. Given all our needs and requirements, Paul Smith's College has been the best all-around venue. It provides outstanding water access at a site the has plenty of lodging, food services, and more, but there may be other venues that provide similar or better possibilities. Your recommendations are always welcome.

Assembly 1.jpg
Assembly 3.jpg
Assembly 2.jpg
Assemmbly 4.jpg
GRACE_WCHA_2017_Happiness.jpg

Great news! Has the dates been determined yet? We need to mark our new WCHA 2023 calendar - in permanent ink!

Jim & Jean

Great to hear the excitement! I'm excited too. Assembly dates for 2023 have not yet been determined, but TENTATIVELY plan for mid-July. We are starting from the position of keeping to the timeframe of recent past years, which would mean July 11-16, 2023, but please realize that we do not yet have anything finalized. We expect to know more by early 2023 and we will use all of our means to communicate the dates as soon as we know them. Thanks for the enthusiasm Dave, Judy, Jim and Jean! We look forward to being all together again along with with hundreds of others in 2023.

This is GREAT news!!! Thank you to all that pushed to make this happen. I know we had a lot of support backing us. So looking forward to seeing all of you at our next "family" reunion.

Mike and Debbie

Call for Program Activities
Wooden Canoe Heritage Association
43rd Annual Assembly, July 11-16th, 2023

Featured Theme; Carleton Canoe Company
circa 1889-1941*

The Wooden Canoe Heritage Association, was founded in 1979 as a non-profit membership organization devoted to preserving, studying, building, restoring, and using wooden canoes, and to disseminating information about canoeing heritage throughout the world.

Seeking Speakers & Resource People for;

Feature Presentations, Information Sessions/Displays, Instructional Workshops, Demonstrations, Films, Musical Performance.

Topics include (but not limited to);

Paddle-Carving, Repair

Canoe; Building, Repair, Refinishing, Restoration

Paddling Heritage and History, Trip/Expedition Reports

Canoe Tripping, Cooking & Camp Craft

Paddling Instruction/Skills/Safety, including Canoe Sailing

Ecology, Flora and Fauna

Children’s Program; ages 5-12 (some requiring parental participation)

Vendors & Informational Displays Welcome!

Rates (5 day event); $30 US ($37 Can) pre-paid with registration,

or $45 US ($57 Can) at the event.

You are expected to supply your own display/table/chairs/canopy etc.

Venue: Paul Smith’s College; https://www.paulsmiths.edu/

More info, contact;

Rob Stevens
robstevens7777@gmail.com

Program Coordinator, Annual Assembly

Wooden Canoe Heritage Association

A variety of WCHA videos are archived on the YouTube channel;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiUfywu-e7oLi72GDH2e5cg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if PSC allows camp trailers to be parked on campus and lived in for the duration of Assembly? Years ago I had a Class 'C' motorhome and parked it near the maintenance building. The college even allowed limited electric (110) hookup to the building but we didn't need it or use it. Jean and I recently bought a travel trailer and are exploring options. I know the PSC Alumni campground has four RV sites with no hookups so that is an option as well as Buck Pond State campground but staying right on campus would have definite advantages.

Does anyone know if PSC allows camp trailers to be parked on campus and lived in for the duration of Assembly? Years ago I had a Class 'C' motorhome and parked it near the maintenance building. The college even allowed limited electric (110) hookup to the building but we didn't need it or use it. Jean and I recently bought a travel trailer and are exploring options. I know the PSC Alumni campground has four RV sites with no hookups so that is an option as well as Buck Pond State campground but staying right on campus would have definite advantages.

Yes. (excerpt from last year's registration form)
RV CAMPING:
There will be a parking lot available for self-contained camping vehicles. No electricity.is available. Shower facilities at PSC gym; hours when the gym will be open TBA ….$20 per night.

Back