Canoe Clubs on Postcards

whalen

Will canoe, and have been canoed,
I have a collection of a few dozen postcards picturing canoe club buildings.

A few years back I stopped collecting because I was being outbid on ebay by another collector. (My limit was $5) I began snipping pictures from the web, and have perhaps a hundred or so jpg.

Is anyone else interested in this specific topic? Any interest in any specific canoe club?

Sure, that sounds like fun. It is not too far removed from my interest in canoe builders. What do you want for the whole thing?

Benson

Benson,

I'm not sure I want to sell my collection right now.

I have no problem with collectors, as long as they share and not hoard. My concern with any such collection is what happens when the kids start cleaning out the closets?

I suppose I'm suggesting a virtual collection hosted somewhere on the web. I hope there might be some interest in that. I should have said this at the get go...

I agree with Rob. We can probably make a place for it on the old WCHA web site if Dan doesn't want it in the Wooden Canoe Museum. Thanks,

Benson

Last edited:
So it's not just me. :)
I had the same experience but with cards of other subjects. I started at about $2 and would go up to $15-20, depending on the image, but it got to the point that still wasn't enough, so I just started collecting images instead. Currently have 100's if not more. (there is even a collection of canoes but that is not the main subject/s.

Dan
what I wish is that "somebody" would have copied the old Jack Wagner site to the WCHA site, it was "Jock Ogivey" or something like that, and had a lot of Chestnut info. I think it's gone now.

A few years back I stopped collecting because I was being outbid on ebay by another collector. (My limit was $5) I began snipping pictures from the web,

Back