Robertson? Kingsbury?

ScottBr

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Acquired this canoe over 20 years ago. Professionally restored and used a few times. Always thought to be a Robertson (serial No. 303 - 16) and made in the very early 1900s. After reading some of the other posts, I'm starting to think it's a Kingsbury. Any thoughts? (i need to figure out how to post photos....)

Because I also wondered about this when I first became a member, and find it easier to see how to do something then read about it - I have attached a PDF document that contains a series of screen shots that show exactly how to upload photos. I collected these screen shots as I replied to your message.

Images can be uploaded in full size, or as thumbnails. Full-size images make it more work to scroll through a thread (I learned the hard way!). Thumbnail images expand in a separate window when people click on them so that seems to be the way to go.

As an example, I'm attaching full-size image of my wonderful dog when she was a puppy, and a thumbnail image of me standing on top of St. Regis mountain in winter.
Fun fact: St. Regis mountain is located close to Paul Smith's College, the site for this year's Annual Assembly, and has a wonderful hike to the fire tower on top!

There is a FAQ about loading images here: http://www.wcha.org/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-post-photos.469/

St Regis.jpg
Lila_on_the_beach.JPG

Attachments

• Loading images.pdf
    555.4 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Thanks. I tried that but I get an error message. I wonder if it's related to the requirement to have 3 posts (I just joined) before adding links. So, this is post #2. BTW, cute puppy!

It wouldn't be a link, it would be its own file. If you are trying to attach a link to an album of images that might be the problem.

If so, maybe try saving a few images from the album to your computer and then uploading those images directly.

Last edited:
Here are the photos of the Robertson? Kingsbury?

The end of the stem, deck shape, and font used to stamp the digits all match a Kingsbury better than a Robertson from my limited experience. The image below shows the Kingsbury with serial number 366. Others may be able to offer a more informed opinion. Nice canoe,

Benson

Kingsbury-366.jpg

To my eye that appears to be a Kingsbury... I looked at one that was very similar several years ago...one with known provenance.
That is a really nice boat and definitely a "keeper".

Back