Getting A Canoe From Maine To Wisconsin (or Vermont)

canoelover

Hi folks, can anyone help me figure out how to get a canoe from Dover-Foxcroft, Maine to Madison, Wisconsin? Alternatively, to North Ferrisburg, Vermont. Compensation/beer will be provided. It's an Island Falls 16 footer. I already have an 18 Wilderness and a 15 Willow and would love a lighter canoe than my 18 and a more stable solo/tandem than my Willow. Email me at darrenb@rutabaga.com if you would, please.

Thanks, Darren

Hi Darren,

There is a good chance you might score a ride for your canoe with one of our members by posting here.

Also, look into KAS Transport (http://www.shipyourkayak.com) - many of us have used them to move wood canoes around the country with good success.

Cheers,
Dan

How urgently does it have to move? I live in the NE corner of Illinois, about 2 hours' drive to Madison, and I don't need an excuse to go there... :) I'll be in Detroit the weekend of Oct 26-28; if we can figure a way to get it that far, or Toledo-ish, I can take it the last leg.

If it can wait for spring, I'll be driving to western Pennsylvania in late March.

In the unlikely event that it can wait until July, I'll be at Assembly. Either way, I'm happy to help!

Back