Need a Good Kennebec Decal Image Like This One...

Jerry Van

Curious about Wooden Canoes
My canoe restoration is done, thanks to Dave Wermuth. Before work began, I could see the faint outlines of the original decal, as below. If anyone has a better image, I can probably have copies made using an excellent source of mine. The overall length would also be good to know. Can anyone help?
kennebec-decal.jpg

I don't know of anyone who has reproduced this decal so you may need to take that on yourself. Sorry,

Benson

I don't know of anyone who has reproduced this decal so you may need to take that on yourself. Sorry,

Benson

YES! That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but I need a decent image. If someone would be so kind as to post one....

Hi Jerry - The image you posted is pretty nice. It should be straightforward to correct any defects in that image, color-correct for the aged varnish over it, and then use that image to make a fresh decal. If you do, please keep us posted on how it turns out.

Michael

Jerry, are you going forward and getting a repo created? I would be interested in contributing some $ for getting one printed.

Back