Calendar question...

pklonowski

Unrepentant Canoeist
Can we post events directly to the calendar?It tells me I'm logged in, but wants me to log in... When I log in on the calendar page, it tells me I'm not logged in... What did I do wrong? :(

Similar experience when trying to read the classifieds. It tells me I am not logged in, but will not allow me to log in. Tom McCloud

Regarding classifieds.......when I'm logged in, I only see on want ad, not boats for sale. Perhaps that part of the website hasn't been updated yet.
Jack

Late to the party. As usual.

The calendar and classifieds are no longer part of the forums.

Forums accounts from the old system have been migrated to the new forums, but the rest of the new website (store, classifieds, events calendar, etc.) will require the creation of a new user account.

For the classifieds, all those with a current ad on the old system were notified of the change and invited to post a new ad on the new system. So far, no takers. Perhaps this means all the old ads were stale?

Regards,
Dan, burnt out.

Dan,
A couple things for clarity...
Is it a requirment to be logged on in order to view adds/classifieds? Presumably the reason there is nothing to see is because nothing is there...as you note, no takers. If it is neccesary to be logged on to view classified adds, I'm not sure that makes sense....
The ride board seems to be gone...maybe I am just not finding it? I realize that it had slow traffic on the other site, but it seems like a really nice site feature for the occasional ride share opportunity.
Mike

Visitors (i.e. not logged in) can view classified ads.

I'll add the ride board suggestion to the list - thanks!
Dan

I recall an employee meeting from years ago where the then VP of HR opened the meeting for ideas and suggestions from the peanut gallery. I don't recall the specific suggestion or who made it but I do recall the VP's response to it...it was a true classic that I've used many times since (facetiously of course) and being retired now, pass along for others to try out.... when offered a comment or an idea, enthusiastically (pretend if necessary) say "I'll add that to the stack box of ideas for consideration for possible future consideration"...

Turns out the Travel Registry was imported with the rest of the forum. I made some minor tweaks to it. You can find it under the General Topics section.

Oh "Great Roaster".....I notice that the Morris date table in the Knowledge Base is no longer formatted. Do I need to replace it in that article?
Mike

Oh "Great Roaster".....I notice that the Morris date table in the Knowledge Base is no longer formatted. Do I need to replace it in that article?
Mike

No, the Knowledge Base, is no longer (due to the same action of our previous web hosting service that broke everything else). The information has been migrated to the main website (http://wcha.org/manufacturer). The direct link to the Morris page is http://wcha.org/content/bn-morris

I have to redirect the old, tired and broken info that used to be the KB.

Well duh! I had looked at those pages an while ago and still went back to the knowledge base page when I went to find the table...
Got it and thanks...

Back