cars and trucks wearing canoes as hats...

I'll throw my hat into the ring.

20160814_162937952_iOS.jpg

Not exactly a hat on a car, but from an earlier, pre-hat era. Dude in the buggy is my buddy Bert Morris. This picture was sent to me today by Charlie Morris's great-grandson, Louie King. It appears (to me) to date from the 1890s.

I'd like one of these for Christmas, complete with horse--- but I already have a dog.

Kathy

Attachments

• Bert Morris,and his canoe buggy.jpg
    Bert Morris,and his canoe buggy.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 711
Hi Kathryn
Lovely photo, I like any old black and white picture with a canoe in it :) Has anyone made a book of old black and white canoe pictures??
Cheers
Alick

Kathy, This is a wonderful picture. Canoe trailers like this appear to have been more common than I ever imagined. The one shown at http://forums.wcha.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2393&d=1166039533 still gets regular use every summer and Ray Schell made a reproduction shown below that was on display at the 2013 Assembly. Thanks for sharing,

Benson

Has anyone made a book of old black and white canoe pictures??

It is not a book but the Wooden Canoe Journal Archive at http://store.wcha.org/Wooden-Canoe-Journal-Archive-on-CD-ROM.html has the largest collection of black and white canoe pictures that I have ever seen in one place.

Attachments

• Canoe-Carrier.jpg
    Canoe-Carrier.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 710
Who wouldn't love this hat and this vehicle. Just a few years too late, I'm afraid.

Attachments

• ModelWearingHat2017-09-02.jpg
    ModelWearingHat2017-09-02.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 633
Edit it to upside down and it should come out the right way up I seem to have this problem too sometimes.(They look right way up on your pc and then you post them somewhere else and they are upside down)
Hope it helps
Alick

Some photo viewers allow you to change the orientation on the device, without actually changing the image file itself (e.g. Preview on Mac).

That photo is actually kind of cool (canoe) upside-right. Here is what it looks like bottom-to-the-sky.
Dan

PS. put into Photoshop to rotate it 180 degrees.

Attachments

• osborn upside-right.jpg
    osborn upside-right.jpg
    746.9 KB · Views: 634
And I thought you didn't want to get those clean wheels and tires dirty at the river crossing. Or maybe you were doing an oil change without having to get under the vehicle.

Beautiful canoe Dave. A Penn Yan Owasco with the same paint is the 1 canoe I wish I had kept.

Pretty blue on the truck too.

Dan

Ya, but that one is a lapstrake built for double paddling ie. sitting on the floor (or a seat on the floor).

Mini at work. 17-foot Old Town looking for restoration and water. Bike just tagging along for the ride.

Attachments

• 2019OldTownMiniTopper.jpeg
    2019OldTownMiniTopper.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Back